We provide open source solutions for the hedge fund industry.
Big Blue is a real time portfolio monitoring system for portfolio managers and traders:
- Real time positions monitoring with customisable reports
- Capital structure analysis with leverage and exposures reports
- Graphical trade history analysis
- Commissions report to better track brokers’ revenue
jBloomberg is an open source library built around the Bloomberg API to easily connect to and retrieve data from the Bloomberg data feed.
The main advantages of this library vs. the Bloomberg API are:
- Less string based configuration: whenever possible enums are used to remove the typos issues
- Less verbose: retrieving historical data literally takes 5 lines of code, whereas when using the Bloomberg API, the code gets quickly cluttered with parsing, error handling and so on
- Extensive use of fluent APIs to build queries in an efficient and readable way
- Thread safety is clearly documented
- Uses the standard java.util.concurrent package objects, so the syntax / way of doing things should look familiar to Java developers